Here are some links with notes for what was spotted on Internet in last week
- Understanding Virtual Memory – rather old article from RedHat, but it gives you good overview what is happening inside Linux kernel stack when it comes to virtual memory and swapping. Article is based on RHEL3 (so that means linux 2.4 kernel).
- GPL vs BSD, a matter of sustainability – makes you rethink some things when it comes to redistributing stuff, right?
- VMware Instructional Videos – some free vmware official video trainings
- Understanding the Heap & Exploiting Heap Overflows – very “graphphical” overview what is happening with heap when exploiting it.
- Top paying IT Certifications for 2013 – makes you wonder, what’s going to be your next certificate? CISSP is still up there, but all the fancy RedHat ones are not in the list anymore, and Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) is becoming more preferred than CCIE or CCNP.